2.8.16

How A Switch Works -Teaching Kids Electricity !

Simple Electric Circuit
        Hi friends, teaching a 9 yr old the concepts of electricity can be a bit tricky and when the syllabus includes in-depth topics such as electrical circuits, how  a switch works ,the mechanisms of a battery etc...it can be quite daunting!!
        My daughter loves to take charts and models to school though it's not compulsory at all; I often oblige since it's a hands on way of learning and something she is not likely to forget at all!!
Simple Electric Circuit
Having a stash of assorted craft supplies and most importantly good adhesives on hand will make your job super easy while making any kind of school project! When I discuss school projects with the moms of other kids ...the question I get asked most frequently is " How do you stick it?!!"
Simple Electric Circuit
          Whenever I see sticker backed adhesive foam in any shop I always pick it up as these are awesome for children to handle..they are non messy, quick to use and have fabulous adhesive properties and are quite safe from little pulls from curious fingers!
        My daughter used self adhesive glitter foam to make all the key elements in her electrical circuit and I just had to help hot glue the electrical wires[ made of pipe stem cleaners!]
Simple Electric Circuit
My kiddo drew the light bulbs to which we connected the wires! My kiddo was quite thrilled we had "reeeaaal" popping  wires!!
Simple Electric Circuit
On the half of the circuit where the switch is connected to "complete" the circuit...the light bulb glows nice and bright!!

Simple Electric Circuit
Hehe this was one fun and simple project and if you are my regular reader do humour us with your comments 
And if  you landed here from google while searching for a school project...I hope our simple project idea was useful to you!
Linking to
Simon Says Wednesday Anything Goes With Glitter

18 comments:

  1. Oh, Dr. Sonia, you have taught your daughter so well. This is both ARTS and SCIENCE! Please tell her that she is one smart cookie (and little artist)! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp “Summer Vacation: Kid’s Challenge” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant idea and a wonderful learning tool! Creating this together will certainly make it easier for Prisha to remember. I'm sure the teacher was impressed with this too, probably wishing they had thought this up :D. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting way to teach kids about circuits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute project .. love the glittery baytery n switch.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its wonderful way to teach the concept of electricity! It is sure more effective than plain text books .

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project!! She ROCKED it! I love this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really useful. practical teaching which kids will never forget the concept. The props u have used r nice.,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cool project. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've learned something too LOL. SO VERY clever Sonia.
    Faith
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, she did an amazing job!! It's so awesome!! I wish I'd had something like this to learn from when I was young!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Learning science through art, very clever and absolutely fabulous! I love this Prisha! Very well done! :-)

    thanks for joining us on theSimon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab project! Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, nice idea . love the use of art for learning something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing idea to create & learn! We can never forget what we have created with our own hands! Wish every child could get this opportunity of fun learning so that they don't feel bore and get to learn each step more logically!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are such an all rounder Doc! I admire your teachings! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woohoo! I am a huge fan of science and art as I taught science many years! Love seeing those wonderful drawings! thanks for joining us on theSimon Says Stamp Kids Vacation Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice project...These projects make the kids to learn with interest...the letter "Y" is so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another wonderful school project. Your daughter's teacher much love you that your daughter can make such visual projects. I bet lots of the kids in class appreciate it. I am very much a hands on learner and projects like this would have been brilliant many many many years ago. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...